Friday, November 26, 2010

Alchemy

I am commissioning a small artwork - fun, fun, FUN!  I've been working really hard on my portrait making over the past few weeks, so I've decided that my Christmas present to myself will be a custom artwork.  
 
I wrote my request on Etsy's Alchemy, which is nifty little part of Etsy where you can request custom items.  I requested a custom artwork which incorportated this quote by George W Bush.  
 
"Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed. This is an ancient and eternal law."
 
(Nahhh...just kidding folks.  It's by the Buddha, of course!)
 
 One of the artists who responded to my request was a print maker from Bulgaria, named Plamena Doycheva.  (I just knew she was going to be good - a Bulgarian print-maker - how exotic!) 
 
Here are some examples of her work.  


It's so intricate, and with such a soft and  sensitive use of color.   Plamena and I are going to exchange some e-mails and then she'll do some drafts for me.  I'll let you know how the artwork turns out. I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are rewarding yourself. Her work is amazing I can't wait to see your finished piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially enjoyed the quote (and the joke!)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rusty and Judy - I'm waiting to get some rough drafts from Palmena at the moment. It's all very interesting!

    Rusty, I hope your treatment went well - just going to pop over to your blog now and see how it went.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...