Thursday, September 24, 2009

A visit to the library

I've written a few very serious posts, so here's one to show that on a world-wide spiritual ranking, I come somewhere between Oscar the Grouch and Homer (...Simpson, that is). 


This is from an e-mail I sent last week to my sister. Aidan and Callum are my little nephews.

"I went to the library with Aidan, Callum and mum this afternoon. When my back was turned, Callum tipped over this stack of books I was going to borrow.  Mum said, (in her really loud voice so half the library could hear), 'Oh...look what Callum's done!  Easy to see you haven't spent much time around young children!'  Which made me want to scream back, 'Yes, becuase I've been..." (deep breath)..."FUCKING SICK FOR MOST OF MY CHILD-BEARING YEARS AND HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO HAVE THEM BUT THANKS FOR REMINDING ME!!'
My sister's response:
"Your emails are so funny.  I really love receiving them.  They are practically the highlight of my day."
Ahhhh...got to love the sister who enjoys reading e-mail rants; probably because they remind her of the benefits of living 6000kms away from her family.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...