Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Your name is safe in their mouth.

A few months ago I signed up to get a daily Peace Quote from the folks at Living Compassion.  Every evening at around 9pm, a little quote about love, compassion, or peace, pops into my inbox.  Usually they are by famous people - Gandhi, Jesus, or Mother Theresa.  But the quote I found most moving of all was by a young boy, and I thought I'd share it with you:
When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.  (Billy - aged 4)
This made me think of my young nephews, and how much I hoped that they felt their names were safe in my mouth.  And, it also got me thinking about whether my own name was 'safe in my mouth'. It was a very thought-provoking (or perhaps, 'peace-provoking') quote. 


another photo from the Pathways Series by Something Betsy.





4 comments:

  1. Oh I like that. So true. I hope my kids feel that. I'm not sure about that for me personally I'll have to think on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that too, Emma. Wow. What an insightful thing for a young person to say. And I love how you turned it around as a way to check if you treat yourself with compassion. I'll be pondering this for myself for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rusty and Toni - I thought it was so insightful and poetic.

    Toni, is that what Byron Katie means by a turnaround? (I always thought I didn't understand what it meant - but maybe I do!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.
    ---------------------------------------
    How beautiful the words are! The love is come from heart/emotion, that will makes our mouth different from normal people.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...